Thursday, May 1, 2008

Prerequisite

Sometimes the clerical staff just don't appreciate the type of person it takes to rise to the level of manager in the civil service. Following yet another of my canteen diatribes one of the throng who reports to me had the temerity to suggest that I complain a lot. The exchange went something like this:

Clerical Officer: For someone with authority, you complain a lot.
Govstooge: What the hell do you mean? Do you not know that it's a requirement of the job? If I don't voice at least ten complaints every day, I could get demoted? Or my head could explode with all the pressure of repressed emotions? Don't you realise what a terrible existence the average EO ekes out?
Clerical Officer: Oh, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up. I think I'll withdraw from the current EO competition that I did the exam for last week.
Govstooge: Yes. Save yourself. Redemption is at hand. I, on the other hand, am lost forever.


Fuck.

No comments: