Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Real Uncivil Servant

An historic day in the Dail today.

If I wore a hat, I would take it off to this man:




After An Taoiseach's use of "Unparliamentary Language" in today's Leader's Questions, I have to reconsider my self-awarded title of Uncivil Servant.

What's next, Brian? Coming into work in a Burberry tracksuit reeking of Lynx and carrying a plastic Londis bag full of flagons of Linden Village? Is this incident about to set a new, even lower standard for our elected representatives? And what of the rest of the cabinet? Will Mary Harney release all the farts she has been holding in and completely obliterate all life in the Dail chamber, and possibly the chamber itself? And will the Opposition join in? Will Enda Kenny come in wearing shit-splattered wellies?

Or maybe it's just that this expletive-ridden blog has found its way into the corridors of power.

Hmm. I like the second one, but the probability of its being true is negligible, I'm afraid.

Shite.

No comments: