Monday, May 19, 2008

Mondays suck.

I had a great weekend. Lots of booze and lots of fun.

And, was it good to be back in work today?

WAS IT FUCKING BOLLOCKS!

Feck it, I was fine when I got up this morning. I was even singing (badly) in the shower. And I had breakfast as well. That's not like me.

It was only when I entered the grounds of the Department and gazed up at the unimposing edifice before me that the total despair set in.

I spent the morning scowling over a tower of forms. Then, while on my 45 minute tea break, I spent a large proportion of that time scowling at random folk who have annoyed me in the past. Later, I gave myself a headache from repeatedly rolling my eyes when an overly loquacious colleague caught me on the phone. I did most of today's work on some sort of autopilot (I was halfway home by the time I realised I had arsed some of it up and will have to do it again tomorrow). My boss didn't come near me all day. He must have sensed the aura of complete nihilism in my general vicinity.

At 4 pm I nearly ripped the main gate off its hinges trying to get out. There was a bottle of ice-cold Tyskie waiting for me at home.

The drugs aren't working, Ted. But at least I know I'm not alone in this.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

tuesdays suck harder.

and spit. no manners.

*huff*