Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh, Bugger.

I'm not very quick on the uptake on Monday mornings. Suffice it to say, I'm a right bloody thick until I've been caffeinated. This morning was no exception.

Picture the scene. I am at my desk alternating between yawning and scowling at big piles of forms. Some clerical officers are discussing various issues that came up last week.

CO: And so ____ (insert name of HEO) thinks it should be that way.
CO2: Oh really? That's not very nice, is it?
CO: No. What do you think, Govstooge?
Me: Leave me out of it. I don't give a shit until I've had my coffee. Anyway HEOs can do what they like.
CO: Ok then... the Head Eejit Officer has the final say, eh?
Me: Bwahahahahahahaha! That's funny!
CO2: Wait a minute, why are you laughing at that?
Me: Because... because... it's er... oh fuck. Does that make me an Eejit Officer then? Because I prefer Evil Overlord if you don't mind.

May I take this opportunity to apologise to the CO and their family and I will repay the cost of having the stapler removed in full.

No comments: