Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crunch!

I love Autumn. Out for a walk today in the fine weather to escape the pressure-cooker environment of the Department I reverted back to my childhood for a few minutes.

I found a walkway carpeted in brown, red and yellow leaves. Giving thanks for abscissic acid and its delightful aesthetic effects I skipped, kicked and crunched my way along the path, forgetting for several minutes the drudgery of the job.

Autumn days don't get much better than today - at least where I am.

Returning to work having put my sober EO face back on, I was in fine form for roaring filthy abuse at errant clerical officers.

All in all, a good day. And I don't care who saw me fannying about with the leaves either.


3 comments:

galwaywegian said...

What is it about civil servants leaving to become poets and writers and such? Next thing you'll be the new Flann O Brien or Máirtín ó Direan! :)

Govstooge said...

It's the plan... if any publisher out there wants to pay me a large advance my contact email's on my profile. Six figure sum only please.

mazza said...

Don't forget Charles Kelly, civil servant and main cartoonist for Dublin Opinion ( an old version of the phoenix magazine) father of Frank Kelly.... people of taste