Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Really fucking pathetic fallacy

My iPod gadget which I use for in-car entertainment when driving to and from work is a great device. I have it on shuffle, meaning I can have anything from Cannibal Corpse to Corelli, or from David Bowie to Ella Fitzgerald. And yes, I have some cheesy eighties stuff thrown in.

Sometimes it even seems to pick up on my mood by selecting a few highly appropriate songs in succession. I love this when it happens.

My journey homeward this evening in the pissing rain was one such occasion.

Firstly, I had Ron Sexsmith's (wonder what's the origin of that name?) April after All "It's really coming down... the rain has got to fall, it's April after all..."

Followed immediately with She's Lost Control by Joy Division. Perfect, as I have indeed lost control - not of the car, thank fuck, but of my sanity, for at least six hours and fifty seven minutes a day, when I have to sit in the Department and fret about how little I know all over again.

The effect was spoilt somewhat by Goldie Lookin' Chain and Your Mother's got a Penis.

Darn.

No comments: