Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sick

God, can't believe it's been a week since I posted anything. Things have gone haywire in the past week. I have dealt with things this past week that only prison officers and psychiatric nurses should see. I get paid a lot, a LOT less than they do. And rightly so, because I don't have the qualifications to deal with these problems. I fuckin' love my job at the best of times, despite my ranting, but this week I felt way out of my depth. I did a year of Psychology in UCG way back, but nothing I remember in the DSM - IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association - 4th ed. - woo! I remember!) could categorise this.

And it's not over yet. I think the worst is yet to come. Jesus, why can't it be all about forms? I mean, even more than usual?

Not at the Irish Blog awards tonight, I spent the day in Galway instead... feckin' lovely weather, Ted! But best of luck to all those shortlisted. There is some seriously good writing out there. Well done all.

2 comments:

galwaywegian said...

Weather? Galway? Govstooge snubs Blog Awards Shocker?

Govstooge said...

Yup, 'fraid so. The lure of the Atlantic wind and torrential rain was too much. Not to mention the College Bar and cheap pints.