Saturday, June 14, 2008

What's the capital of Portugal then?

Now that the Lisbon Treaty vote is concluded, with a resounding "no" from the percentage of the electorate who bothered to turn up and vote, what's to happen next?

Now, I don't claim to be any sort of political commentator, offering timely and in-depth analysis of any given situation, but I have given the above question some considerable thought - admittedly it was last night, in a pub, over a table crowded with empty Bulmers' pint bottles.

And I have arrived at the conclusion, which, I don't doubt many others before me already have, that if the powers that be don't like the outcome of Thursday's referendum, well, if they ask the electorate again, more nicely this time, mind, then they might get the result that they were hoping for.

Now I'm off to make some coffee and I'm going to have two Nice biscuits as well. Yum yum yum.

1 comment:

Juno said...

Funny how all the talk of recession, job losses and so on only started after we voted no? It couldn't be to put the frighteners on us could it?